Partners in Our Community
The Carrington Hotel has an involvement with Radio Blue Mountains in supporting a number of community initiatives and events as well as supporting local business where possible. Their continued support of the station has put us in the position of being able to partner with them in keeping many of these causes uppermost in the local communities awareness.
Under the current ownership, the hotel has projected itself as a community leader creating a positive and productive vibe for Katoomba, welcoming community meetings and gatherings in the absence of a town hall or square, and being involved with or supporting a wide range of community activities such as:
- Blue Mountains Radio committee meetings
- Blue Mountains Economic Enterprise
- Blue Mountains Toastmasters
- Katoomba Chamber of Commerce & Community
- KatoombaTheatre Company
- Poets and writers groups
- Women with Altitude
- Blue Mountains Creative Arts Network
The Carrington also hosts a number of charity and/or fund raising events throughout the year including:
- Blue Mountains Cancer Help‘s biennial ArtyBra Charity Auction which invites local artists and celebrities to create bra related items which are auctioned to raise money for breast cancer.
- Lady Luck Festival: raises funds for the Black Dog Institute – dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by mood disorders.
- Melbourne Cup Luncheon: proceeds are donated by The Carrington Hotel to a not for profit organization and past recipients include:
- Wines Of The West Festival: promotes regional wineries from Central West NSW and supporting the Katoomba Chamber Of Commerce and Community.
See the annual events staged at The Carrington Hotel as more examples of their commitment to the local community.